Alexa Skills List
Alexa Skills List for Alexa Enabled Devices
This page provides information about Alexa Skills List available for various devices. When you buy an Alexa-enabled device, such as an Echo or Fire TV, you get several Alexa skills that range from fun and silly to surprisingly useful. Here's a look at some helpful and entertaining Alexa skills to try with your Alexa-enabled device.
The page includes a partial Alexa Skills List which can be used with Alexa-enabled devices, such as the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Flex, Echo Auto, Echo Studio, Fire TV, and other select and third-party products.
How to Use Alexa's Skills from the list
To use an Alexa skill, you'll need to enable it. Say, "Alexa, enable [skill name]," and Alexa issues voice-prompt instructions, if needed, to complete the process.
You can also go to the Alexa app, browse through skills to find something that interests you, then tap Enable Skill to get started. Here's how:
- Open the Alexa app on your device.
- Tap the menu in the upper-left corner and select Skills & Games.
- Tap Discover to browse editor picks, premium skills, and recommendations.
- Tap Categories to browse skills by category.
- Tap a skill to learn more about it, then tap Enable to Use to enable a skill.
- In the Skill Permissions screen, select the check boxes for the skill requests and then tap Save Permissions.
- Your new skill is now enabled. On the skill's info page, you'll see what verbiage to use to start the skill, for example, "Alexa, play Jeopardy!"
Alexa Skills List - Top Music, Podcast, Book
Alexa Skills List for Music
- Alexa, Play Music by [Artist Name]: This skill plays random songs from the respective artist or group. The source of these songs depends on what services or digital assets you associated with your account.
- Alexa, Play [Song Name]: Plays the song of your choice, assuming that it's available in your assets or active services (for example, Amazon Music).
- Alexa, Play [Album Name] Album: Instructs Alexa to play a full album, starting from the beginning.
- Alexa, Play [Artist] on Pandora: Streams a station of your choice through the Alexa-enabled device. You need to register your Pandora account via the Alexa app for this skill to become available.
Alexa Skills List for Radio
- Alexa, Play [Radio Station] on TuneIn: Plays a particular radio station through the TuneIn broadcast service. If the station you're seeking can't be found, Alexa automatically searches for it on iHeartRadio.
- Alexa, Play [Radio Station] on iHeartRadio: Similar to the skill above, with the service search order reversed.
- Alexa, Play [Book Name] on Audible: If you purchased a book through Audible, this skill allows you to listen to it through your Alexa-enabled device.
Alexa Skills List- Educational and Reference Skills
- Alexa, Open Save Water by Colgate. With this skill, Alexa begins a dialogue where users can receive water conservation facts and tips while brushing their teeth. To encourage tooth-scrubbing listeners to turn off the sink faucet while they brush, Alexa plays the sound of running water to replace the sound of actual water coming out of the faucet.
- Alexa, Launch This Day In History: Powered by The History Channel, this skill provides a rundown of noteworthy events that took place on today's date. Specify a different date by saying, "Alexa, ask This Day In History what happened on [date]."
- Alexa, Open NASA Mars: Ask all the questions you want about the Red Planet, including details on the Curiosity rover's latest update.
- Alexa, Ask Baseball Reference: This skill lets you ask Alexa a limitless number of questions about historical baseball data, including statistics and award winners from past seasons.
- Alexa, Open Best Recipes: Suggests recipes based on three ingredients that you specify. You must submit your email address to Hellmann's for it to function correctly.
- Alexa, Ask Beer Snob: A hops-infused skill that provides information about a bevy of beers, including where the beverage is brewed and the approval rating fellow drinkers assigned to it.
- Alexa, Open Ingredient Sub: This skill comes in handy when you're missing a particular ingredient for a recipe, letting you know what options can be used as a substitute.
- Alexa, Ask Mixologist: Acts as a virtual bartender, telling you how to make the adult beverage of your choice.
- Alexa, Open Daily Buzzword: A great way to build your vocabulary. This skill defines a new word each day from the Merriam-Webster dictionary.
- Alexa, Start Poker Pro: Contains interactive tutorials where you make decisions in hypothetical cash game and tournament situations, after which Alexa explains why you made the right or wrong call. The detail in this skill can help improve your No-Limit Hold'em prowess.
- Alexa, Open Myth Buster: This skill recites various myths and then asks you to guess whether each myth is true or false, making for an educational and enjoyable game.
- Alexa, Ask Artsy: The Artsy skill offers in-depth information about your favorite artists and recommendations for art exhibits in your area. You can also listen to the most recent episode of the Artsy podcast.
- Alexa, What's the Score of the [Team Name] Game?: Gives you an up-to-date score on an ongoing sports matchup, or the final result of a completed contest.
- Alexa, Ask Edmunds: Returns Edmunds profiles about most car models, including reviews and lease details in your local area.
Alexa Skills List - Health and Wellness
- Alexa, Open Meditation Timer: Assists in your meditation routine by playing relaxing sounds for the desired duration, and ringing a bell when your time is up.
- Alexa, Ask My Pregnancy: A useful skill for expecting mothers. My Pregnancy provides detailed medical information along the way as you move toward your due date.
- Alexa, Open Healthy Habit: Provides a health-conscious suggestion each time you access the skill.
- Alexa, Start Cal Pal: Launches a calculator that tells you what level of exercise is needed to burn off a specific amount of calories.
- Alexa, Inspire Me: Plays inspirational tidbits from one of several famous speakers from all walks of life.
- Alexa, Open Daily Affirmation: Offers an encouraging and uplifting message once per day.
- Alexa, Open Deep Breath: Steps you through deep-breathing exercises and mental images intended to reduce stress.
Alexa Skills List - Financial Tools
- Alexa, Open Stock Trigger: This skill provides on-demand stock quotes and the ability to set up SMS notification triggers each time a particular stock reaches a user-defined threshold.
- Alexa, Ask CryptoCoin: Provides the current value of Bitcoin in U.S. dollars, along with the percentage change over the past 24 hours.
- Alexa, Ask The Fool: Presents details from The Motley Fool on the stock of your choice, as well as the latest information from your watchlist.